Bete Noire
    n0vice
    n0vice

Rooted? : Ha!
    Job/hobbies : www.kingdomofloathing.com
    Female

Can't find downloaded App

Post by Bete Noire on Sat May 07, 2011 7:53 pm

Ok, this question is probably just one step up from "How do I turn on my G-Slate?" but here goes:

I grabbed a game from Tegrazone, downloaded it (paid for it) and now can't find it. It doesn't have the usual "open" button after the download. I don't see an app widget, nor can I find it in any file as a download, app or game.

Anywhere else I should look, or should I assume the game is buggy and didn't install properly and ask for a refund?

Cheers!

- Bete

Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Re: Can't find downloaded App

Post by Admin on Sat May 07, 2011 8:08 pm

Are you sure the transaction fully processed and you actually got charged?
    Bete Noire
    n0vice
    n0vice

Rooted? : Ha!
    Job/hobbies : www.kingdomofloathing.com
    Female

Post by Bete Noire on Sun May 15, 2011 2:38 pm

Yeah, I was charged and no, I still haven't found it. >.<

Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Post by Admin on Sun May 15, 2011 4:24 pm

I'd request a refund. Honestly if it's not showing up on your apps list or in app management in settings, the only way you may ever find it is by rooting your g-slate and gaining access to the root folder, where it is most likely hiding. But since I know you don't want to root...refund.

n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : No
    Male

Post by 12Gage on Mon May 16, 2011 1:11 am

The market in Honeycomb is a little buggy. This happens to me as well. It downloads and starts to install, and just gets stuck "waiting to install". After that, It doesn't appear in your app drawer or anything. Its nowhere to be found!
    The problem is not with the app, nor TegraZone. Its the Honeycomb version of the Market.
    What I do is exit the Market, come back, search for the app again, and click install again. The option to purchase won't be there because you've already bought it. Sometimes I have to repeat that step 2 or 3 times before I am successful. This is a bug in Honeycomb that should be fixed in Android 3.1 (whenever we get it.) For now, the best way to buy apps is on the desktop version of the Android Market.

Last edited by 12Gage on Mon May 16, 2011 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
    G-Yoshi
    standard member
    standard member

Rooted? : When i fig
    Job/hobbies : Student at South University
    Male Gemini

Post by G-Yoshi on Mon May 16, 2011 1:15 am

12Gage wrote:The market in Honeycomb is a little buggy. This happens to me as well. It downloads and starts to install, and just gets stuck "waiting to install". After that, It doesn't appear in your app drawer or anything. Its nowhere to be found!
    What I do is exit the Market, come back, search for the app again, and click install again. The option to purchase won't be there because you've already bought it. Sometimes I have to repeat that step 2 or 3 times before I am successful...

Ive noticed that if you hit install, then press anywhere on the right side of the screen, the install is morelikely to go through.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:18 am