Legitimate source for Lollipop for LG Optimus Pad V900 (similar to G-Slate)

michaelmei
    n00b
    n00b

Legitimate source for Lollipop for LG Optimus Pad V900 (similar to G-Slate)

Post by michaelmei on Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:29 pm

From the Wikipedia page for this tablet, I assume that the LG Optimus Pad is either the same or extremely similar to the T-Mobile LG G-Slate.

I question the legitimacy of a web site suggesting that an upgrade to lollipop is available. I cannot post the link within the first 7 days of signing up here. The best I think I can otherwise do is to say that if you do a google search for the terms "lg optimus pad lollipop", it is the first hit and it has the words upgrade, lollipop, and org in the link.

The about us, home, contact us, and privacy policy links at that site do not give related information. That page shows three posts, apparently in December 2014, suggesting that the updated ROM works and also the camera in particular. The camera, 3D, is quite unique. The download links require signing up for something that makes me uncomfortable so I did not follow through. Maybe it's not so bad but I doubt it because...

The Wikipedia page notes "Because of this and closed drivers the Android community was not able to make a fully functional ICS or Jelly Bean ROM - most importantly camera can't be used with those builds".

So does the site noting an upgrade to lollipop represent a scam? I suspect so...

forjack842
    n00b
    n00b

Lollipop 5.1 for G-Slate v909

Post by forjack842 on Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:41 pm

Hi, I finally found the full ROM without all the stupid "survey required BS" sites. Was wondering if you tried that upgrade and what you saw as the results. I've had enough of the 3.1 inadequate support for flash and other issues.
    Please let me know,
    Thanks
    Jack

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:07 am