HELP!!! BRICKED GSLATE AFTER TRYING TO ROOT 3.1

aaugusto7
    n00b
    n00b

HELP!!! BRICKED GSLATE AFTER TRYING TO ROOT 3.1

Post by aaugusto7 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:14 am

I began rooting my G-Slate with the newly released rooting method to unlock the bootloader. I was able to root fine, and then I went on to flash the custom kernel. Well, I misunderstood and thought that the root unlocked the bootloader, and now after flashing the kernel, my tablet is stuck in fastboot mode telling me the kernel image is invalid. I am sure this happened because I didn't unlock the bootloader. I have been trying to find a way to unbrick it. I was thinking of three possibilities -

1. I could flash the original kernel (which I do not know if that will work...)
    2. I could get a recovery image from somebody (..?) and flash that with fastboot
    3. I could buy another, and return it saying that it was messed up, but keep the good one and give them my brick Very Happy

I would like to refrain from option 3, so PLEASE if anyone knows a solution, let me know ASAP. I am grateful for any help, even if you tell me that I'm screwed.
    Buck Shot
    n00b
    n00b

Re: HELP!!! BRICKED GSLATE AFTER TRYING TO ROOT 3.1

Post by Buck Shot on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:16 am

In the instructions it tells you to adb recovery, then root. Did you make a backup? If you can get into fastboot push the recover.img again since that is the only way to get into recovery. Restore ur data if u made one, if not, try and wipe and reboot. I dont think the usb storage mount works in recovery but if it does you can load the bootloader.zip and the kernel and just do the whole thing

aaugusto7
    n00b
    n00b

Post by aaugusto7 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:50 am

Stupidly, I did not make a backup because I was so sure of myself. My concern is what if the wipe doesn't work?
    Could I just flash update.zip? Will that restore the proper kernel?

aaugusto7
    n00b
    n00b

Post by aaugusto7 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:31 pm

I fixed it. I found the unlocking the bootloader zip and took the boot.img out of there and flashed it. Worked like a charm.
    Buck Shot
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Buck Shot on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:25 pm

That was my next suggestion if you had all files on ur slate but if u didnt and tried to mount through recovery it wont work or didnt work for me. Glad to see u got it fixed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:38 am