My computer can't reconize fastboot mode wat can i do abou it?

clydelee
    n00b
    n00b

My computer can't reconize fastboot mode wat can i do abou it?

Post by clydelee on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:14 pm

Hello I bought g-slate from ebay and imported to S. KOREA.

But itz still staying intact wit honeycomb 3.0.1 and as im stayin

oversea OTA never seem to work out in ma status so i am trying to

do manual upgrade inspired by code.google website.

I've downloaded all the files list on that website

but ma process is blocked at the first step, the win XP based computer

can't read my g-slate. Computer is askin fastboot driver and I took

uptodate LG usb driver to new device recognization but it didn't work

so I downloaded SDK for google usb driver and applied to recognize

new device fastboot but it didn't work. What should i do to recognize g-slate fastboot

mode at my window xp?

I am so ignorant about this android gadget thingi so plz give me detailed information.

Sorry for being so dumb 'cause suppose every others understood the instruction so

straight forward. Without recognizing the new device fastboot I even tried

opening CMD dos mode at my window xp and typed fastboot oem unlock but the prompt keep

askin me waiting the device and no further excution was made.

PLZ help me I really wanna enjoy havin honeycomb 3.1 thanx.

glberg
    n00b
    n00b

Re: My computer can't reconize fastboot mode wat can i do abou it?

Post by glberg on Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:58 pm

Quote: Hello I bought g-slate from ebay and imported to S. KOREA.

Hello,
    First let's make sure your computer can see your slate. You should have USB debugging turned on in your slate, go to settings> applications> development and put a checkmark in the USB debugging box. This is important.

If you plug your slate into your PC and have the drivers correctly installed, your PC should pop up a dialog asking what you want to do with the 'portable device'.
    If you see this, good, otherwise recheck your driver install and if you are connecting your slate to a USB hub, try to connect it directly to an onboard USB port.

Once you get your PC to see your slate, open the 'portable device' to manage files.
    Copy the update.zip file to the root (main) folder on your slate, that is the location you will see when Windows opens the slate. Putting it there will save you confusion when you get to the good stuff later, because once you get through your fastboot chores and get ready to install the zip you just have to go down in clockwork to the folder named 'media' and find the zip right away.

Here comes the hairy part. To save some typing, put your fastboot files as well as the CR-hacky-recovery-v909.img all in the same folder since you will be running fastboot from a command prompt and it's easier if all the files you need are in one place. I used C:\Fastboot for my own folder. Now, open a command prompt.
    Start > Run > then type in cmd and click ok, but I imagine you already knew that.
    If you used my folder example, then type cd\fastboot and press enter. Type fastboot and press enter just to be sure you're where you need to be. If it shows you a bunch of options, you're good to go for the next step.

With your slate turned off plug it into a known working USB port and press down the volume up button and hold it down good, then press the power button for a second or so and while still holding the volume up button down you can let the power button go,if you're lucky your screen will tell you that you are in fastboot mode in tiny little letters.

Type fastboot devices and see if your slate shows up, could be a name or could be just letters and or numbers. If nothing shows up go back and start all over again double checking each step. If it does show up, then follow the rest of the instructions from the wiki where you got the files.
    Good luck to you and I hope you enjoy your tab as much as I do mine.

clydelee
    n00b
    n00b

Itz still not working plz give me a help!!!

Post by clydelee on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:20 pm

glberg wrote:Quote: Hello I bought g-slate from ebay and imported to S. KOREA.

Hello,
    First let's make sure your computer can see your slate. You should have USB debugging turned on in your slate, go to settings> applications> development and put a checkmark in the USB debugging box. This is important.

If you plug your slate into your PC and have the drivers correctly installed, your PC should pop up a dialog asking what you want to do with the 'portable device'.
    If you see this, good, otherwise recheck your driver install and if you are connecting your slate to a USB hub, try to connect it directly to an onboard USB port.

Once you get your PC to see your slate, open the 'portable device' to manage files.
    Copy the update.zip file to the root (main) folder on your slate, that is the location you will see when Windows opens the slate. Putting it there will save you confusion when you get to the good stuff later, because once you get through your fastboot chores and get ready to install the zip you just have to go down in clockwork to the folder named 'media' and find the zip right away.

Here comes the hairy part. To save some typing, put your fastboot files as well as the CR-hacky-recovery-v909.img all in the same folder since you will be running fastboot from a command prompt and it's easier if all the files you need are in one place. I used C:\Fastboot for my own folder. Now, open a command prompt.
    Start > Run > then type in cmd and click ok, but I imagine you already knew that.
    If you used my folder example, then type cd\fastboot and press enter. Type fastboot and press enter just to be sure you're where you need to be. If it shows you a bunch of options, you're good to go for the next step.

With your slate turned off plug it into a known working USB port and press down the volume up button and hold it down good, then press the power button for a second or so and while still holding the volume up button down you can let the power button go,if you're lucky your screen will tell you that you are in fastboot mode in tiny little letters.

Type fastboot devices and see if your slate shows up, could be a name or could be just letters and or numbers. If nothing shows up go back and start all over again double checking each step. If it does show up, then follow the rest of the instructions from the wiki where you got the files.
    Good luck to you and I hope you enjoy your tab as much as I do mine.

Thanx you for ur quick reply.

I've done the whole step on ur order once again.

My g-slate certainly works well with my computer 'without fastboot mode' and
    open up the media storage at the file explorer additionally I copied
    update.zip file to the first opening page of my media storage for LG-V909.

I put fastboot.exe, hacky-blah-recovery.img at the c:/ in my win xp computer
    and turned off the g-slate and connected firmly at my working usb port and
    turned on with fastboot mode on for my g-slate then yellow fastboot pops out
    at the left top corner and ,for sure, window xp is asking fastboot device
    driver for new device detection once again.

I ignored this alert and got into the dos mode by cmd. I typed in fastboot devices
    and nothing shows up but the blank for two lines and new c:/> prompt shows underneath
    and fastboot oem unlock keep on asking waiting for devices and nothing further
    proceeds.

Is it neccessary to install new fastboot driver to recognize my fastboot mode
    g-slate? I really wonder wat can I do about this fastboot mode to be
    recognised in my computer. Be my saviour guys.
    Anyway appreciate every replies thanx^^

glberg
    n00b
    n00b

Post by glberg on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:43 pm

Quote: Thanx you for ur quick reply.

I've done the whole step on ur order once again.

Hello,
    It is probably looking for the lg unified drivers.. have you installed the drivers from the wiki for windows? Install the package (USB Drivers only) and remember where it installs to, it has a default directory (folder)I don't remember where off the top of my head.

Anyways, plug in the slate and when it prompts for a driver don't ignore it, point windows to that drivers install folder.

With your slate plugged in and drivers correctly loaded you will see an entry in your device manager for an ADB device with the word 'sooner single ADB interface' in it's name. Then try your fastboot commands.

I'm just not sure exactly what you already loaded or their source.
    If you get too confused, uninstall the driver package and restart.. just the drivers
    luck

clydelee
    n00b
    n00b

Post by clydelee on Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Anyways, plug in the slate and when it prompts for a driver don't ignore it, point windows to that drivers install folder.

With your slate plugged in and drivers correctly loaded you will see an entry in your device manager for an ADB device with the word 'sooner single ADB interface' in it's name. Then try your fastboot commands.

I'm just not sure exactly what you already loaded or their source.
    If you get too confused, uninstall the driver package and restart.. just the drivers
    luck
    [/quote]

I've installed LG unified drived taken from code.google. which was asked advance doin
    upgrade to 3.1 honeycomb but to make sure i will delete the current usb driver
    and reinstall the LG unified USB driver. Thanx for the advice.

I'll post up the further process rite asap. wish me luck thanx Smile

clydelee
    n00b
    n00b

Itz not working my g-slate screw me!!!

Post by clydelee on Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:24 am

Now I've been stay up late till 2am for i say 4days now.

Im really fed up upgrading my 3.0.1 honeycomb to 3.1.
    I put debug mode on, and reinstalled LG unified driver from wiki.
    I first plugged in my usb link from g-slate to PC then
    sooner ADB blah-blah and MTP driver blah pops out and installs the driver
    and media storage usage for g-slate pops out so i copied update.zip
    to the first directory of g-slate when opened up with file explorer.
    Afterwards I put fastboot, adb.exe, adbwin.dll with hacky recovery.zip
    at the c:/> in my PC.

I turned off my g-slate then turned on with volume + pressed then yellow
    starting fastboot USB download protocol appears at the left top corner of
    g-slate with LG logo at the center and no screen change for g-slate.
    On my PC, itz detecting new device called stupid 'fastboot' I dunno why
    my computer keep on detecting my g-slate as literally as fastboot device and
    PC is keep asking me to update new driver for 'fastboot' device that
    I can't ever and never gonna offer then PC derides my incapability and
    says the devices wouldn't properly work.

Without proper plug and play, I boldly get into the CMD(ms-dos mode in windows
    XP) then type in 'fastboot devices' then 2 blank lines shows and make spaces
    to next c:/> pop out. when i put 'fastboot oem unlock' then pc says
    waiting for devices with little hidden words of 'million years' in my heart.

This is as far as i got for my g-slate upgrade. Really frustrating and can't
    proceed any further. I really wanna hammer on my g-slate screen. All Im askin
    is just update into honeycomb 3.1 but it doesn't work me.

I don't know why but thanx for the advice and I will just move onto
    another tablet PC such as galaxy tab or XOOM maybe.

thanx

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:52 am