Convert 3d to 2d

Frankensinatra
    n00b
    n00b

Convert 3d to 2d

Post by Frankensinatra on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi all,

I've taken a couple of movies in 3d that I would like to share with some friends and family that don't have the ability to watch 3d.

Is there an ap or an easy way to convert one of the stereo feeds to a single 2d movie?

Any help or pointing in the right direction would be great. Smile

Nomad
    n00b
    n00b

Re: Convert 3d to 2d

Post by Nomad on Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:34 pm

If you have control of the environment - you can download / install Stereoscopic Player (freeware - link below).

While playing back the 3D video (assumed taken with the G-Slate) - you can select View --> Preferred Viewing Method --> Monoscopic (F4) -- which will show you the video from one of the lenses. If you want to geek out, you can watch from either the left camera lens or the right.

http://3dtv.at/Index_en.aspx

Frankensinatra
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Frankensinatra on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:04 am

Thanks for your reply. I actually saw that program before. I know it seems laughable but the people that I need to be able to see this video have no shot at installing a program that allows them to see the video.

I need to reformat it myself. In other words I need to make this video a 2D. It seems like it should be easy enough. The side by side data is there. I want to make a file that when opened just plays one side. Or re-formats one side into MPEG or some other easy file format.

Is there a freeware editing program where I can just cut one side and re-size? Movie Maker doesn't even recognize the file as media.

Nomad
    n00b
    n00b

Post by Nomad on Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:22 am

I forget - is there a video editor on the tablet? Tried that?

zubozrout
    n00b
    n00b

Post by zubozrout on Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:02 pm

And what about Youtube. If you upload the 3D videos on Youtube, you should be able to play them in 2D. At lest, There is that option in a bottom bar of the video player.
    http://ubuntuone.com/p/18aG/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:37 am