Input devices

scottconder
    n00b
    n00b

Input devices

Post by scottconder on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:54 pm

Has anyone tried pairing the Xoom Bluetooth keyboard with the G-Slate? I know a standard USB keyboard works fine, but it would be cool to have an Android specific keyboard. I dont want to buy one of those unless I know it'll work. A mouse would come in handy too, when the tablet is in the's dock.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Rooted? : Yes
    Job/hobbies : USAFR
    Male Scorpio

Re: Input devices

Post by Admin on Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Haven't tried the Xoom bluetooth keyboard yet, but it sounds pretty cool. And a mouse would be great, but I'm not sure if it would work with Honeycomb 3.0.

Keep us informed if you try either.

The 4th Derivative
    n00b
    n00b

Rooted? : No
    Male

Post by The 4th Derivative on Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:49 pm

I have the XOOM keyboard and it works very well. However, the android-specific keys do not always work as intended...
    the back/esc button only works sometimes, the music button does not work with the preinstalled google music app, I can't remember if the play/pause button works but the volume buttons DO work. Browswer button and search buttons work fine. Contacts key and home button work. Apps button works sometimes (not on homescreen), menu key works in some occasions, messages key does nothing and gmail opens the market. In the instruction booklet it has a list of shortcuts to use (search button + letter key) but only a few work.

Aside from the android button mismatches the keyboard works fantastically. I would still recommend despite the button malfunctions

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:58 am